Friday, February 6, 2009

Sugar and Spice

My mother sent Elsa a pretty little shirt and pants set last night in the mail. She woke up SO excited to wear it to school today.

She looked very nice in it. The pants were black velvet, and the shirt was chiffon and silk with gold strands sewn through the pattern. I let her wear one of my gold chains with a gold heart with pink gems on it that hung perfectly over the shirt and matched beautifully.

She has her own make-up kit with very understated shades in it and she did her eyes and cheeks and then she put on a dab of lipstick…which is darker than I would normally let her wear, but she put on just enough and it looked nice against the shirt.

I spent a half hour with a can of hairspray and a curling iron giving her hair some body and then we spent another few minutes negotiating with a big gold headband. She looked, if I do say so myself, so grown up and gorgeous. Then she pulled a little pink and gold-ish sweater out and put it on and I was very impressed with her outfit coordination skills. She even had gold shoes on.

She dabbed just enough of the perfume I gave her for Christmas on that is smelled nice but not overwhelming. I was very proud and her temperance on the matter. I have such a classy and pristine little lady budding.

Her appearance was so stunning today that I had to take a few pictures on the way out the door.












As you can see, her mood was not the best.

When I was doing her hair she said that standing there was making her stomach hurt. We pulled up to the school and she began BAWLING! And complaining her tummy really hurt.

She is now laying on my couch, with her beautiful hair-do all smashed, her lipstick smeared, and some pink jammies on. She’s eating frozen yogurt, and sipping soda and I think she has spilled on her pajama shirt no less than twice.





Ahh...the joys of motherhood. And don’t worry, cause as you can see, that stomachache has cleared right up.






2 comments:

Lisa said...

Now I like to get all dolled up once in a while, but if I had to choose-jammies and frozen yogurt would take it everytime. Oh, and I was really skilled at getting to stay home from school.

Zaissa said...

Lis,

Yeah you were. You are still the undisputed champ.

"Sicky Baby"