Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To: Ryan, Regarding: Bowl of Cupcake

As you know, fewer and fewer of my cooking, and even baking, attempts have ended in catastrophe. That is why it was with great confidence I attempted to bake some cupcakes for you today. I won't bore the Internet with the full details, any one who cares enough to read my post can guess at them anyway (the gist is I had no cupcake papers and thought I could just grease a pan, but I couldn't get them out so I tried freezing them and then "gluing their heads back on" with frosting) but let's just say they didn't entirely work out. 

Anyway, the frosting we made was really good and...You had to know when you married me that someday I would serve frosting for desert and not much else.

The following pictures will tell you the tragic story.








The girls were pleased with the results though, and I guess that was what mattered. Actually, I heard Sariah tell Elsa "these are the best cupcakes ever!" and I smiled thinking, "Man, this girl's mother must be worse than I am!" 

Love, 
Your Wife (who probably has some redeeming qualities)

PS. This is desert tonight:

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I can't wait.

melody said...

I think they look great :-) Pretty if anything....hee hee

MarS VasqueZ said...

OMG

jgriego said...

They actually do look delicious... if you're into that sort of thing.