Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh Utah, How I Love Thee




Driving home yesterday afternoon, the date was MARCH NINTH for the record, I saw this view from my window. Despite having already brushed the snow from my car, it was coming down hard enough that as I hit the freeway on ramp, I had to roll my window down and re-brush snow off my side mirror so I could see well enough to merge in to traffic. I thought to myself, “Ok so think positively Self. You love this State. You love the old buildings, the mountains, the hikes, the cool late August nights…”

But sometimes I have to admit. This state is a giant tease…it’s MARCH!!! There was sun and warmth last week. I wore pink and sandals!

According to the calendar I have, the first day of spring is March 20th. I guess I can abide a little snow till then. But if this were a proper state, I would have tan lines from my sun dresses by now.
P.S. I was totally planning on posting this way before I saw your post Ryan! Which kinda stole my thunder really. Umn... you post once every 6-6,000 weeks and you have to steal my topic? Don't make me write a dissertation on RLS now!

No comments: