Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Flied?

No...I falled.

I don't know what happened. I remember I was running, and then there was air, and then I saw the road aiming directly at my face and getting closer very very fast.

Then luckily, my keen instincts set in and I threw my hands out before I hit the. I dug my palms in to the asphalt and stopped the motion of my face less than an inch from the road. My Feet were on the curb, my knees were in the gutter, my palms in the road. And I thought, "My gosh, that did not go well at all."
I rolled on to my back and pulled my legs to me (as soon as I could breath again that is, that took a second or two) and this is what I saw. Well roughly what I saw, but I had less bruising more bleeding.

Usually there is and older guy sitting in a chair smoking a cigarette and yelling at his bull dog in the house on the corner where I fell. Had he been there, I would have asked him to call Ryan to come drag me out of the road and drive me home. The guy was gone today of all days though (no bulldog either) so I had to pick myself off (I won't lie, I was crying a little) and drag myself home.

Actually, the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" theme song came on just as I got to my feet and I realized Buffy would never be held back by a skinned knee so I finished my run. Then I went home and I have been generally whining about it all day.

Ok now I know if you are a boy this is no big deal cause you do this showing off for each other all the time. But as I told Ryan, I AM A GIRL!!!!

This should not happen to the more delicate sex.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say females are the more delicate of the two genders. I've seen some males that would be in tears after that too.

Lisa said...

Girl! That's enough to make me give up running for good. Oh wait, I aleady did that.

McKenna Gordon said...

Oh no!!!! You are tougher than I. I would have probably not ran the rest of the way. Although now that I imagine it, I would probably PRETEND to get right back up and continue my run, out of complete pride just in case anyone saw me fall through their kitchen window. And then once I ran half a block home I might decide to just keep going. hmmm, nope, still pretty sure i'd run straight home and milk it for all it's worth out of Steve.

Hope it doesn't feel as bad as it looks!