Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Fun With the Robisons

Remember last winter how I said the Robisons like to tie an inner tube to a tractor, put the children in it, and then drag them around in the snow?

Turns out, it’s not just a winter thrill. There is a summer version too: same concept, only with a boat.

Winter, spring, summer, or fall, these people like to be dragged around in an inner tube!

I am just really, really glad that none of them own an airplane.

Seriously. That’d be bad.




This started out nicely. In the picture above I was thinking, "oooh, it's like a relaxing little ride. Now why does every one come back from this so tired? And why are they making me wear a life jacket?"


In the picture above this, taken about a minute after the first picture, I was thinking "weeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and Jenna was telling me something about leaning the direction she told me to lean when she told me to do it. I was also thinking, "I grew up in California, body boarding, people, in REAL waves. I can hang on to a tube in a lake, girl, pul--eeze!"

And in this last picture of that ride I was thinking, "ahhhhhhhhhhhh, humph, ouch, did I just fly a little? Why can't I breath? So much water in the face...so much ..."


When we got back, I felt a bit like a cat does, after you put it in the washing machine for a few seconds. And then Jenna said, "well he [Ryan, who was driving the boat] took it really easy on us."

So later there were two inner tubes tied to the boat with Ryan's two sisters' husbands on one, and Ryan and me on the other. Only we were having this thing called a war and Dustin leapt off his tube and on to ours and attempted to throw us in to the water...you can vaguely see him on our backs there. And in case you wonder. He was successful.

So here is Ryan getting up to, I would like to think, avenge me, but I believe he would have done this anyway cause that is, they tell me, the point of the war. To get on the other tube and pry people from it. I didn't need pried from it though, as you can see. I am not leaping. I am holding on for dear life.

Look at him leap! He's like one of those sugar gliders, hu? I still just mostly concentrated on staying on that there inner tube.

This is Ry shortly before he got on some water skiis. He's super cute! I will pause now for a long girly sigh. Ahhhhhhhhhh............

This is Ryan no longer on the water skiis.

This is Oakley saving his life.

And this is Kix, doing what he did all day.

This is Adele thinking it's really cool to sit with her toes in the water kicking it.


This is Adele after a wave broke over us that was big enough to splash us.


My poor baby.





And this is Zoey, cheering Addey up.

I missed Elsa the whole day. It was her dad's weekend with her. But I think she would have loved it. Hopefully, she gets to go when we do it again in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Shai said...

You know you loved every second of it!!! :) And you get to come enjoy it again next weekend!