Friday, August 15, 2008

Movie Mush

If you have seen the movie Momma Mia, you know the scene where the mom is getting the daughter ready for her wedding? Well, I saw the film twice (and stayed to hear Waterloo both times) and BOTH times I had tears dripping down my cheeks when that scene came up.

The first time I saw it, it was with Elsa. And literally moments before the scene, I was looking at the little actress (Elsa’s hair was curly that day) and thinking that when Elsa grows up, she would look about like that girl. Then there was that scene and I lost it.

I kept thinking about how our life is now, and how she looked on her first day of kindergarten and how someday she is going to grow up and be her own woman and not my baby and…oh dear my keyboard is getting wet.

If you have not seen the movie Momma Mia, how are we still friends? Well, you will be forgiven if you promise, promise, promise to go see it pronto, and that you will stay for Waterloo. In the mean time, here is an itty-bit of the scene:



If I can pull my blubbery head together long enough to do this, I think I will do a video montage of Elsa to the full version of this song as an excuse to post the full version of this song, since Blogger will let me upload video but not songs without storing it first someplace else. Fortunately, I love makin’ those video montages!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

You are SUCH a doll!