Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Utahns Don't Know About Pools

In Salt Lake, there is this place called The Gateway, which is supposed to be Utah’s answer to like…Rodeo Drive I think. It’s a big outdoor mall with the normal trendy mall stores like the Gap, AE, Banana Republic etc. But those are the “low end” stores. It also has stores that don’t sell any pants for less than $300 dollars. So the clientele is kind of…well women with perfect makeup, hair, and who got SUVs the second they had their first baby…and got their figures back 20 min later.

But at the edge of this gateway, is this sidewalk fountain that shoots water in time to music. This is Elsa’s favorite part of the whole city. We spent a day there this weekend. (I only had my cell phone for pics, and I have not figured out how to work it cause some pictures will only come out as thumbnails!)

In the summer, the fountain is full of people playing in it. Some even come in swimsuits. I don’t get that part; if you want to get in a swim suit and get wet, why not have a water fight or play in sprinklers? Besides, isn't the charm of playing in a public fountain that it is spontaneous and you go running through it praying you don’t get your clothes soaked (but getting your clothes soaked)?

What do I know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember being there once. From what I remember it is fun. Glad you two had a blast...oohhh did you ride the train there too?

Lisa said...

No need to get your clothes soaked--I'm all for stripping down in public places.

And your comment about the women there made me laugh. We hate those women.