Thursday, November 13, 2008

Earthquake!!!

Southern California is having WAY more fun than we are today!

I grew up on the San Andreas fault line and I really miss Earthquake drills like we had in elementary school. Instead of doing your assignments, you got to get under your desk, duck your head, and cover your neck with your hands. When I do that at work these days under my desk instead of doing my assignments, they start getting all, “You need to take a mandatory personal day” to “work things out.”

It’s been weird living in Utah. When I lived in California, “The Big One” I was told, would occur in my life time inevitably; it was a fact of life, like wrinkles and taxes, just a thing that was coming. Now all I have to worry about geologically is the day when that super volcano in Yellow Stone blows the entire Rocky Mountain region to smithereens. It should be any century now. Hmn, I wonder if I can get my boss to go for a super volcano drill. What does one do when they ground under one’s feet turns to molten lava?

No comments: