Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's in the Genes

You know those kids you see at the Skating Rink that are just itty-bitty but they go whizzing by you doing tricks at speeds you think should be illegal without a licence? And you think, "how does someone that small stay upright let alone skate circles around us regular Schmoes?"

Well...give her three weeks:


This was her apprehensive face before we went out there. This was her first time on wheels and she was nervous. The nerves lasted until about three seconds after her skates hit the floor. In the event of a couples' skate, it's always good to have a sister. Just don't say the "G" word (as in "Go" as in "time to...") she hates that.
My grandparents met at a skating rink, my cousins and I grew up at one, and I will admit to an occasional disco-skate night still. So I guess this is just kind-of in my kids' blood.


Yes, my girls DO skate upside down.

Adele is still working on one little skill. She stays up pretty good, but getting up is a whole other story.

1 comment:

Jenna Marie said...

I died laughing at that last video. She is really good at the splits already! So freaken cute in those little skates.